We design the model Francis turbine runner and fabricate it for laboratory testing purpose at Turbine Testing Lab(TTL), Kathmandu University. The obtained model efficiency was then converted to prototype efficiency and the difference in efficiencies was noted. Also different types of manufacturing process for Francis turbine runner was studied and the most feasible was used to manufacture runner.
Injection Molding on MoldFlow
Injection molding using Autodesk MoldFlow:
This is a simple Tape holder which is used in wrapping goods and gifts.
Here, injection molding of this part is carried out in Autodesk MoldFlow to check its fill time and shrinkage.
You can use this to make your Latte
For the design of forklift, we have done the following steps:
• Mind mapping and looking for general forklift
• Design of forklift’s different parts in paper
• For the parts making we have
1. 2 different Wheels (parametric)
2. 2 different rim (parametric)
3. Shafts ( rear and front, steering rod)
4. Chassis: Main Body, Top Frame, Air Outlet
6. Lift (Forklift 1 and 2)
7. Carriage(Frame 3)
10. 2 Hydraulic Cylinders
11. 2 Push Rod
• For the assembly of parts, we have done as
1. Assembly of wheels in shaft
2. Assembly of wheel and shaft with chassis
3. Assembly of carriage in fork
4. Assembly of top frame and air outlet in chassis
5. Final assembly of all the sub-assembly
6. Parts drawing of 2 parts
7. Bill of material, Exploded views of parts, Name of all parts, Name of designer, Balloons, Scale
I design this Quadcopter in Fusion 360. All Calculation of weight to thrust ratio was done. Battery selection, Motor, PCB, Camera etc. was done keeping the thrust and weight ration in mind.
Food Packaging Container
This is the design of a Takeout container using Solidworks.
Casting Simulation of Francis Turbine Runner
Simulation of 92kW Francis Turbine Runner using ProCAST.